Price versus Value
Greenpicks stands for conscious consumption. Sustainable products are often slightly more expensive than conventional products and meet environmental and social standards. The value is always in the “eye of the beholder”, it is always “subjective”. Whether something is worth, is the sole responsibility of the acting person that assigns a benefit to a good. This also applies to the ecological and social awareness. However, here the human incorporates other aspects in his purchase decision. These include beside the benefit of the good criteria such as
- Has the product been manufactured environmentally friendly?
- Were the persons involved in the production process compensated fair?
- Do the working conditions of the producers meet social and health standards?
- Is it possible to recycle the good or even return it by Cradle to Cradle criteria into the natural cycle?
- Are the materials used free of pollutants?
- What is the carbon footprint in the production of the products?
- Is the good produced locally or regionally? And are thereby jobs secured in the region?
In addition to general economic factors and the benefit these and other sustainability criteria determine the value of the eco-friendly product. The benefit results from the fact that one thing (a good) helps to provide a need. Fair production conditions for workers and environmentally friendly production are as important for ecoconscious people as their causal personal need.
Nowadays people know
the price of everything
and the value of nothing.
– Oscar Wilde –
The last bee does not full up
Only after the last bee has been died, then you will find that money cannot be eaten.
[Referring to the quote by Cree]
If you would like to counteract, you can find in the garden centre of Greenpicks the seed “bee pasture”.
Day of Forests 2016
would send out
We would plant them everywhere.
that they only
produce the air,
– unknown author –
Organic seeds instead of wireless LAN (Wi-Fi™) you get in the garden department on Greenpicks.
Fair Attractive Sustainable Holistic Innovative Organic Non-toxic REVOLUTION.
– Annette Husmann –
Let us use the power of fashion to change the story for the people who make the world’s clothes. For a clean, more transparent fashion industry.